- 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month
- Town Offices
81 Main Street
Downstairs Conference Room
Essex Junction, VT 05452
- From a computer or mobile device, use the meeting link and choose the option for your web browser (Chrome recommended) or the Teams app (download from Microsoft). For general instructions on using Teams, see this document.
- Call in with a phone to 802-377-3784 and use the conference ID 590 879 654#.
- Public wifi is available at the Essex municipal offices, libraries, and at hotspots mapped by the VT Public Service Dept.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Planning Commission is composed of seven members, the majority of which are residents of the town, who are appointed by the Selectboard for four year terms. The Commission is responsible for preparing, maintaining and amending the municipal plan, zoning regulations and subdivision regulations; undertaking reviews under these regulations; participating in the review of applications under Act 250; and conducting studies and making recommendations on the following:
- Energy conservation
- Historic and scenic preservation
- Land development and redevelopment
- Natural resource protection
Many residents have inquired about the delay in posting the minutes from previous meetings of the Boards and/or Commissions. We request that you understand there can be delays between the respective Board or Commission approving the minutes, the Recording Secretary typing them, and their transfer to the webmaster for upload to the website. If you feel you need to obtain the information quicker than its posting here, please email Sharon Kelley. Thank you.
Planning Commission Meetings are aired on CCTV Town Meeting TV on the second Friday following the meeting at 8 p.m, then repeated on Saturday at 1 a.m, 7 a.m, and 1 p.m. The Planning Commission meetings are aired a week later on the same time and day schedule.
Dustin Bruso, Chair
Joshua Knox, Vice Chair
John Mangan, Clerk
John Alden, Alternate
Owiso Makuku, Staff Representative - 802-857-0070, firstname.lastname@example.org
Act 250 Information
Permits under Act 250 (The Vermont Land Use and Development Act) are reviewed by the State of Vermont Natural Resources Board. Act 250 applications submitted might have a hearing, depending on the scale and specifics of the project. Parties who can participate (other than the municipality and state agencies) are abutters and persons who have applied for party status to the District Commission orally or in writing citing specific interests under the Act 250 criteria. For questions regarding Act 250 in Essex, contact the District 4 Office of the Natural Resources Board.
- E-mail: NRB.Act250Essex@vermont.gov
- Phone: 802-879-5658
- Physical and Mailing Address: 111 West Street, Essex Junction, VT