Memorial Hall Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- The Memorial Hall Committee shall be composed of seven members appointed by the Town of Essex Selectboard for the purpose of acting on behalf of the Selectboard in the oversight and operation of Memorial Hall.
- It shall be the responsibility of this committee, through empowerment by the Selectboard of the Town of Essex to:
- Maintain Memorial Hall for the benefit of the entire community
- Plan and facilitate the use of Memorial Hall
- Explore grant availability and execute fundraising efforts including the governing and accountability of such funds
- Suggest uses and scheduling of Memorial Hall
- Work with private firms to:
- Improve the heating
- Seek plans for structural modifications to improve the building for public use
- Plan additions and improvements for public use
- Assist in the integration of social activities.
- Annually, provide recommendations to Selectboard on usage fees for Memorial Hall.
- The committee shall be empowered to form sub-committees from community volunteers.
- The committee will elect annually, a chairperson and secretary.
- The committee shall convene once a month and supply the town with minutes of its meetings. The Department of Parks and Recreation is the point of contact for the Committee with the Town Administration.
- The term of office for Memorial Hall Committee members shall be for three years. The first appointments will be for two persons whose terms will be one year in length, two persons whose terms will be two years in length, and three persons whose terms will be three years in length with no more than three consecutive terms or nine consecutive years served by a person.
- Each member seeking a term shall support the Committee and agree that absences exceeding 50% of scheduled meetings in one calendar year shall warrant replacement and the Selectboard will be notified to begin interviewing for replacement.
This mission was adopted by the Town of Essex Selectboard on May 20, 1996.