Liquor Licenses

At this time our offices are CLOSED to the public to comply with the Governor’s Order
Licenses can be obtained by appointment only
We can be reached at 802-879-0413 or

The State of Vermont controls the sale and distribution of beverage alcohol within their borders. They are responsible for training and licensing all establishments that sell or serve alcohol including beer and wine.
You must apply for a liquor license through the Clerks office if you are any of the following within the Town and Village of Essex :
~ restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels,
~ stores that sell beer, wine, or tobacco
~ manufacturers of spirits
~ wholesalers or distributors of spirits
~ any event where alcohol will be sold/served